Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Glory of The Lord


Normally in the middle of the week, we post another hermeneutics post, however, the research that I have been doing for my weekly post (and my schoolwork) forces me to delay that, so instead I will post my weekly post.

In our world today, the number one attribute of God that is discussed is His love. In fact, modern “Christians” seem to focus on God’s love to the exclusivity of any other attribute. The modern church in its infatuation with nothing but love, have forgotten one of God’s most striking, awe inspiring, and majestic attributes: His glory.

The Bible discusses God’s glory quite often and seems to lift it up as the most important aspect of our God. 1 Corinthians 2:8 refers to Jesus as the Lord of glory. In several verses Jesus makes it clear that He will return with power and glory. In fact the glory of the Lord is said to be our highest goal and what we should strive for above everything.

In the next few articles, I’m going to be exploring the glory of the Lord and how we as Christians are responsible to give as much glory to God as possible in everything that we do.


No comments: