Thursday, October 29, 2009

Back!

It's been four weeks. A whirlwind of activity has occurred in my own life since I've last written - including a lot of testing circumstances, and some great joys. God is slowly showing me - through my own sins and failures - how weak I really am, and how I need to totally depend on Him for everything.... and sometimes I still don't get it. Yet, God continues to give more of His bountiful grace, and I am grateful to Him that His mercy is new every morning. Hallelujah!

One of those great joys happened this morning, when a neighbor's soul was miraculously regenerated by God, after an incredible series of events leading this dear lady to volunteer to have a Bible study with my mother. God had been already "working on her", as you can tell! We rejoice with the angels in heaven that another name has been written in the book of life!

One subject that I've been giving thought to lately, and have been convicted about, is that of relationships. What is the "health level" of my relationship with God? With my parents - am I setting an example to my younger siblings of a culture of honor? Am I being the older brother that God wants me to be to my siblings - allowing God to use me, an unworthy instrument, to draw them closer to God? Am I edifying my friends when I speak with them? Really edifying them, and not just talking about "neutral topics"?

Allison, at the "Letter from Christ" blog, wrote three blog posts on influence and forming friendships in this last month - and they have been a blessing to me. Although my goal is to spend some time in prayer, reading solid Biblical resources on the subject, and getting the counsel of wise people in this area of relationships/influence... and then to write about that here on this blog - that is my goal, but I would like for you to read Allison's posts first. They're definitely edifying, and challenging. Read and be blessed!


No comments: